Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mind Spinning

We did it. We paid the (rather large) down payment today for our IVF treatment. My mind is SPINNING. Most of you know me pretty well. I obsess over details. Mind you, this has improved greatly over the last couple of years . . . thanks to my wonderful Dave. I am a planner. I like to know what is going to happen and when it will happen. I know what all of you with kids are thinking: That will change when she has kids!

We are going to have to take some time away from work to be in St. Louis for this march IVF cycle and I want to know immediately what days we need to be in St. Louis. Of course, the nurse that helps with this is out of the office today. Don't they know I have loyal patients that will have to be rescheduled?? I have to give them the courtesy of knowing as far in advance as possible.

Also, I am thinking of doing acupuncture during this treatment cycle. I have heard from so many people and read so many articles about the fact that it improves your odds during IVF. So, sign me up!

But the most mind boggling issue is the fact that I will be on approximately 1 million different drugs during this treatment cycle. Some of them I have been on before, but there are going to be so many new ones this time. I want to know more about this. I think there is a short span of time that I will be receiving 3 shots per day (from my lovely hubby). I want to know more as soon as they will tell me more.

I sent my helpful nurse an e-mail and I am sure she will reply tomorrow, but for some reason, I have a hard time waiting that long. What is the deal?

3 comments:

  1. Yeah you did it!!!! I am so grateful to be able to share this with you both. Good Luck and you know I am thinking about you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to be going along this journey with you and Dave. I have faith that this will be successful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impatience is part excitement and part anxiety. I know this impatience all too well and hope that in just a few short months, you get to relax!!! :-)

    Acupuncture, I think it's a great idea. I've never tried it, but have a friend with fertility issues who had success with it. She swears by it.

    ReplyDelete