Monday, September 21, 2009

Baby Shower Weekend

On Saturday, we celebrated the approaching arrival of Baby Boys Briggs at my baby shower. It was held at the Kirksville Country Club. There were so many friends and family there to celebrate. I have such thoughtful friends that went out of their way to make it so very special. How do I express my gratitude to so many people for making my baby shower such a special event? That is not a rhetorical question. I don't know how to make each of you know how special it was for me. I am fairly certain that you will never know. We received so many wonderful gifts. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I will never forget it.

This is me with my mom, Oleva, and my mother-in-law, Adrianna. They are both so excited to meet their grandsons.



This is me with the Great-Grandmas-to-Be, my grandmothers, June & Roberta.



These are the wonderful girls that made it all happen! They made homemade invitations and thank-you cards, elaborate centerpieces, homemade mints, put together an awesome theme - just to mention a few things. I have no idea how much went into the preparation for the shower. From L to R: Missy Monroe, Davye Heine, Ranina & Mayson Robinson, myself, Melissa Hamm & Angie Wentworth
I love you guys! You brought tears to my eyes.



These are my awesome friends that spent the weekend with me. This picture was taken at my house before the shower. From L to R: Ellen Berry, Leigh Ann Williams, Nisha Fisher and my large self. Ellen & Leigh Ann came all of the way from Kansas City and Nisha flew in from Boston. Leigh Ann & Nisha make up my Momtourage. I have learned so much from you. You all made my weekend so special. Thanks for giving me a little more "girl time" before the babies arrive. I love you tons!



Grandma June, my sister Tonya, my mom's friend Cindy, Mom, my aunt Carla.



Dave's sister, Debbie, Adrianna, and Adrianna's friend, Edna



The delicious cake




The centerpieces



This is the most embarrassing belly bump buddy picture that I have taken to date. In case you were wondering - yes, Ranina is pregnant. I know it is hard to tell. Let me explain. Ranina is due THE EXACT SAME DAY that I am - December 21. We are a couple days short of being 27 weeks in this picture. She is expecting her second boy. I am so excited for her, but I do curse at her in private . . . under my breath.



This is me sitting in the nursery with all of the amazing gifts that we received after the shower. It was a bit overwhelming. We received some great stuff.



Dave washed all of the baby clothes and blankets on Sunday. Today at lunch, he sorted out all of the socks and counted 56 pair.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE YOU!! I had a wonderful time helping plan and watching you enjoy your special day!! I cannot wait to meet these two little boys and help spoil them--you should probably be worried about that-they will be spoiled a million times over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE the belly bump buddy picture! What's sad is, your friend is 27 weeks pregnant and I'm 12 weeks pregnant....I'm closer to your size and I only have ONE in here!!!! Y'all are both so cute!

    YAY for an awesome baby shower! I'm so stinkin' excited for you! Every time I think about y'all, I get chills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special shower! Everyone is SO excited for you guys and these two special little boys! I loved seeing Nisha and Ellen in the photos. That was sweet of them to come. I know they would not have missed it for the world. Your baby bump is BEAUTIFUL! Just remember you have TWO babies and you probably will not go to term. I am so happy for you guys and so is Kevin.

    ReplyDelete