Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tiny Miracles


Isaac & Adrian on April 4, 2009



Isaac Adrian on December 1, 2009



Isaac & Adrian on December 12, 2009




I meant to post a blog on Saturday, December 12, Adrian and Isaac's one month birthday, but, as you can imagine, it has been hard to find the time to blog. Even though our boys have been with us for a month, it still seems like a dream at times. They are such miracles. I found myself thinking about the little embryos that we met on April 4. When I remember back to that day, the feelings of excitement, anticipation and fear come rushing back. I wondered if those little embryos would one day be our child/children. I wondered if they would be healthy. I wondered what they would look like. I wondered what it would feel like to finally be a mom. The dream came true.

They have changed so much during their first month of life. Isaac started out weighing 5 lbs. 12 oz. and now weighs 7 lbs. 7 oz. Adrian began at 4 lbs. 2 oz and now weighs 5 lbs. 9 oz. They are getting so big. Adrian's hair on the top of his head is thinning out and getting lighter. Isaac's hair is just as thick and long as ever. Although it is blond, it is starting to get a reddish tint. Isaac is lifting his head frequently and turning it from side to side. He makes little smirks from time to time. He will look directly into our eyes when we talk to him. Adrian just started lifting his head last week. He still has the most beautiful big, dark eyes. For the past week, they have only been waking us once in the night to eat. They are such great babies. We are so, so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. WOW Tisha, I can't believe the boys are already a month old. That went fast! We think about you guys all the time. I can't imagine being a mom to newborn twins. That time in our lives seems like such a blur. Hang in there and enjoy those two little blessings!

    ReplyDelete