Friday, April 2, 2010

Gratitude

It's been a while since I have gone to that deep, introspective place on this blog. I am sure that you all (3 of you that read this) have missed it. I have recently been thinking a lot about the gift of motherhood. I believe that Good Friday is a great day to express my overwhelming feelings of gratitude (to a higher power) that I have been given the privilege of being a mother. Is there really anything better than motherhood? Ok, so if I were a rock star mother - like Gwen Stefani or Sheryl Crow, that would be better.

Anyway, Isaac and Adrian are simply the best gift that God has given me. I know . . . I do share them with Dave. He thinks fatherhood is pretty cool, too. But I think I am the winner. To steal the words of E.E. Cummings, "I carry [their] heart with me. I carry it in my heart". I have heard many people say that you can't understand the love that your parents have for you until you have your own children. Well, it's true.

It is an amazing joy to see my beautiful boys transform daily before my own eyes. There is nothing that I wouldn't do for them. They also carry my heart with them.


5 comments:

  1. Love you all!!!! And very thankful that you were blessed with Isaac and Adrian!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in tears, Tisha! This is so true! They are just so adorable and I am so glad that you're enjoying motherhood so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew that you would love being a mom! That's why I prayed so hard for you to become a mom...seriously there is not a better job in the world. So glad you guys are doing well. The boys are so cute! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too knew you would be a wonderful mother. You had a good teacher-haha. Seriously, I am so proud of you and the boys. Knew you would understand someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are right there is no greater love than that of you to your child they are the best thing to happen to anyone. love aunt carla

    ReplyDelete