Monday, August 31, 2009

He Has Waited So Long For This

He is transforming into a Daddy right before my eyes. He is so committed to baby preparations that I find myself sometimes wondering, "Who is this man? Where is my husband?" Dave is usually such a laid back person. He is usually the one that says, "We can do it later. We have plenty of time." But, he is now the one that is frantically trying to create a perfect little nest for our babies as I sit on the couch and say, "I'm too tired. Let's do it later."

When is the perfect time in a man's life to become a Daddy? Obviously, the answer differs for each Daddy, but I'm certain that it isn't coming a moment too soon for Dave. He has already put so many hours into the nursery painting and striping. He is putting up a chair rail. He will also assemble all of the nursery furniture. I am just so proud of him. I can't wait to see him with the twins in his arms. It won't get here soon enough.

As for me, the twice daily heparin injections are not as fun as I thought they would be. I give them to myself most of the time - in my thigh. I have several knots and bruises in my thighs. The needle is tiny, but the medicine burns terribly when it goes in. I think I will survive.

The babies have been moving a lot lately. I can see my belly bounce around all of the time. They seem to be on the same schedule. If one is moving, the other starts moving soon after. Dave and I are off to Columbia tomorrow for my 24 week OB appointment and ultrasound. I can't wait to see the babies tomorrow!

By the way, we hired a nanny today!! We both really like her and she is excited about the job. What a relief.

I want to share some pictures of Dave's progress in the nursery.


The nursery prior to the transformation. The multi-color circles on the wall are some paint swatches that Dave tried out before we settled on our final colors.



Dave painting the nursery. 8/22/09




Dave striping the walls. 8/29/09




The final stripes. The chair rail is soon to follow. 8/31/09

2 comments:

  1. Daddy Dave...the room looks AWESOME! Way to Go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, I love the stripes your husband painted. I am becoming a dad in April and my wife and I are currently painting our nursery. I have come back to your blog a few times to look at your shots. We are going to do a similar stripes-on-bottom look. Our colors are similar but with an added green apple color for some mini-stripes. Thanks for sharing! -Izak

    ReplyDelete