Tuesday, May 19, 2009

9 Week Ultrasound

Our ultrasound and OB appointment went perfectly today.  We were able to see a lot more detail on the ultrasound with both babies.  The ultrasound tech explained how they are positioned.  The best news is that they each have their own placenta and yolk sac.  Apparently, this is the least risky type of twin pregnancy.  Dr. Morse was very pleased with this.  When the twins share placentas and yolk sacs, they are more likely to have complications.  

We saw both hearts beating again today and they both measured 9 weeks - right on track.  The heart rates were both 170 - perfect.  The twins both moved a little bit, too, during the ultrasound.  It is so unbelievable that they are already moving.   

Each time we have an ultrasound in which everything looks "perfect", Dave and I are able to relax just a little bit more.  After the ultrasound, I told Dave that I am happy to have this crappy nausea, overwhelming appetite and exhausting fatigue.  I might even stop complaining about it - yeah right.  I am overflowing with gratitude and joy.  I don't know what we ever did to deserve such a beautiful gift from God.  

It is getting late (8:30 pm - past my bedtime) and I am getting tired, so I will scan in the ultrasounds and add them to this post tomorrow evening sometime.  

3 comments:

  1. Yeah Good news! Did they give you an exact due date? Maybe you have already shared that and I missed it. Anyways, congrats. Can't wait to see the babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you both. How exciting to see two wonderful hearbeats! CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you just keep getting cuter and cuter! You will be one of those women that just get the belly probably. Keep up the good work, both of you.

    ReplyDelete