Monday, May 18, 2009

Inconspicuous No More

I am officially 9 weeks pregnant today.  Yeay!   I am aware that I wear the same outfit in every set of weekly pictures.  It is intentional.  I thought the consistency of the outfit would help with the belly comparison.  



While out grocery shopping Saturday, I stopped to talk to several acquaintances.  Two of those people actually noticed that I was pregnant (they did not previously know) and they actually asked me if I was pregnant.  I was very surprised . . .  for more than one reason.   
1.  I think I look like I have put on some weight - not that I am pregnant.  
2.  I think it is very risky to ask anyone if they are pregnant.  They may not be pregnant - just fat.  

I am excited that my pregnancy is not so physically inconspicuous anymore.  Is it crazy that I am happy that people can tell I am pregnant just by looking at me?  The most exciting accomplishment of the week is that I now own four pair of jeans that actually fit me!!  They are all maternity jeans . . .  of course.  I am now working diligently on figuring out the scrubs situation.  My scrub bottoms are currently uncomfortably tight.  Ugghh!  I had no idea that this would happen so fast, but as you can see by the above pictures, my body is changing RAPIDLY.

I almost forgot.  I have to tell on Dave.  He is getting so anxious about starting baby preparations.  He desperately wants to start preparing the nursery.  I am still trying to get him to hold off until we find out the sexes of the babies.  Also, he made me sit and talk about baby names for at least an hour on Saturday.  I think it is so sweet.  

I have another appointment with Dr. Morse tomorrow, including my third ultrasound.  Dave is tagging along.  I will let you all know how it goes.  

2 comments:

  1. Even if someone looks 9 months pregnant I usually don't say anything--better safe than sorry! You definitly look pregnant--not fat! You look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Can't wait to hear about the ultrasound! Also about scrubs...have you seen the scrubs that have a soft, wide stretchable waist line instead of a drawstring or elastic. They are not maternity but they are SO comfortable. Kevin's staff just ordered some. They are Cherokee brand. They are so comfy. I can look into more details if you are interested. Has the OB said when you will be able to find out the sex of these two babies? I know for a singleton it is normally between 18-22 weeks. But for twins will you know sooner since you will have so many ultrasounds? Just curious. Well keep up the good work carrying these beauties.

    ReplyDelete