Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Catching Up Blog

I sincerely apologize for lagging behind on my blog.  I have had a complete lack of motivation in every facet of my life during the past couple of weeks.  My nausea has increased significantly over the past week rendering me USELESS.  I am not exaggerating my laziness.  I have done almost nothing.  

As you can tell, I am experiencing a lot of guilt over my lack of motivation.  Don't worry about me - I will get over it.  I am trying not to invite too many people to my pity party.  After so many years of trying to get pregnant, I always said that I wouldn't complain about being pregnant.  Well, I didn't know what I was getting myself into.  So far, this nausea is much harder to handle than I expected.  

Motivated by Dave's pleading, I finally broke down and called my doctor this afternoon to ask for help with my nausea.  I was worried that she would think I am a whiner.  But, she was sympathetic and prescribed Zofran, an anti-nausea drug.  Dave was so excited about it that he drove to the pharmacy right away to pick it up and he delivered it to me immediately.  He is so great OR he is tired of dealing with my constant nausea.  On a side note, Zofran is one of the drugs that my mom is taking for nausea, as well.  

As promised in my last blog, I am sharing the ultrasound pictures that were taken last week.  These are 9 week pictures.



This is Baby A.  He/she is on top of Baby B.  Baby A was very cooperative during the ultrasound.  He/she  stretched out for measurement.  We could see her/his heart beat right away.  



This is Baby B.  He/she sits below Baby A.  Baby B had his/her back turned to us the entire time.  He/she didn't seem interested in having his/her picture taken.  I think Baby B was sleeping and didn't want to be disturbed.



This is a group photo.  Baby B is on the left.  Baby A is on the right.  They both measured right at 9 weeks.  Therefore, my due date is still December 21.  Everything looked great.  



This is my 10 week belly.  It is getting bigger and bigger even though each baby is only 1 1/2 inches long each.  This week, the babies are growing fingernails and hair.  I can't believe it.  My next doctor's appointment/ultrasound will be at 12 weeks on June 9th.

3 comments:

  1. Tisha you look great! Your baby bump is beautiful. I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. It will pass eventually. The nausea left me at ~4 1/2 months and fatigue settled down around 5 months but still am tired easily. I'm so happy your OB prescribed meds for you, mine refused! Can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are BEAUTIFUL! It is such a blessing that you are able to have so many ultrasounds. Hang in there on the nausea. I told Zofran too! It helped some. The best thing for the nausea for me was to enter the third trimester. Don't worry about complaining at all...you never know how bad pregnancy is until you are pregnant. You have earned every right to moan, cry, complain, eat, etc. You are making TWO babies...it's a lot of work. Hang in there! We are still praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Double the babies; does that mean double the nausea too? I hope not. Hang in there and hopefully the medicine helps. I was sorry to have missed going to Angie's b-day party and seeing all of you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete