Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What a Difference a Week Makes



So, yesterday, Monday, May 4, I was officially 7 weeks pregnant.  Dave and I have decided to take belly pictures every Monday throughout my pregnancy.  I'm sorry, but we have decided to share them with you - our devoted friends and family.  I think you will find that if you compare this week's pictures with last week's pictures, you will see a big difference.  It is amazing.  How many people show this much at 7 weeks?  It is a good thing we aren't trying to keep this pregnancy private through the first trimester.  

I am reading an amazing book that our friend Kristen gave to us.  She has twins, as well - Joe and Stella.  The book is When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads  Proven Guidelines for a Healthy Multiple Pregnancy.   I am declaring it my pregnancy bible.  It is so informatively written by an OB/GYN that is also a mother of twins.  I am currently reading the chapters (yes, more than 1 chapter) on diet and nutrition.  This book really focuses on what I should be doing to help promote my twins being delivered as close to their due date as possible.  

According to the book, the most important duty as an mother expecting twins is to eat, eat, eat.  I am supposed to eat 3,500 calories a day.  I am supposed to gain a total of 40-56 pounds before these twins bless us with their presence.  It really stresses the importance of gaining a lot of the weight early, too.  By week 10, I am supposed to have gained a total of 10-15 pounds.  I think I will achieve that goal.  I currently have gained about 6 pounds since my embryo transfer, but I gained about 3 pounds during the 3 weeks prior to that - while I was on all of the hormones.  I will keep you posted on this subject throughout my pregnancy.

I have my first OB appointment with Dr. Kimberly Morse in Columbia on Tuesday, May 12.  I am very excited to see her and get all of the info that she will share with me.  

6 comments:

  1. First of all... You are so cute! A week has made a difference, it is amazing. I can't wait to see all of your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I can't wait to see you in some cute maternity shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS! I think you are the cutest pregnant woman I have ever seen!!! I cannot wait to see every weeks pictures. I am actually astonished at how different you look this week from last. WOW!! How cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're adorable! Love the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting, Tisha! Your belly looks beautiful! I can't wait to watch it grow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I showed Travis last week's pic and he didn't see it, then he was shocked by this one. So cute and so, so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete