Tuesday, May 12, 2009

First OB Appointment

I had my first OB appointment today wit Dr. Kim Morse in Columbia.  I really liked her.  She gladly answered all of my questions.  I will return next Tuesday for an ultrasound.  She wants to find out "what kind of twins" I am having.  The ultrasound will determine if the twins share a placenta and other such facts.  She wants to do monthly ultrasounds initially and then biweekly followed by weekly ultrasounds.  So, we will have lots of pictures of these little babies.  I am excited about that.  On a very positive note, I had no nausea all day today!!

OLEVA REPORT
Mom had chemo #4 today.  It went pretty well.  She still has swelling and pain associated with the blood clot in her left leg.  Mary, her nurse practitioner, said that it is going to take some time for the clot to completely break up.  In the meantime, she is on Coumadin (a blood thinner).  All test results came back negative for any type of a genetic component for a clotting disorder.  That was a relief.  

She just got her regular chemo drugs today.  She did not get the trial chemo drug.  They are fairly certain that it caused the blood clot.  They may decide to administer it again once her INR (blood clotting) levels are normal.  She is doing pretty well.   She is tired a lot of the time and her appetite has decreased some.  The major nuisance currently is the pain and swelling in her leg.  It is preventing her from going on her daily walks.  So, hopefully it will heal rapidly.  Thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers.  

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for the first OB appointment! How exciting to get more pictures of the little miracles.

    I am glad to hear your mom got along well this week. I haven't seen her for a couple of days. Of course as always tell her I am always around if she needs anything!

    ReplyDelete