Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Two Perfect Heartbeats

We had ultrasound #2 today with Dr. Ahlering.  We were able to see the heartbeat of each baby on the ultrasound screen, and Dr. A was able to measure each baby's rate.  It was truly amazing . . .  unreal.  It is so early in the pregnancy that it just seems so crazy that these tiny little babies already have my blood pumping through their little bodies.  What a wonderful moment.  

We got some more ultrasound pictures, but they are a little redundant if you saw the pictures I posted last week.  Dr. A said that everything looked great.  I am supposed to finish all of my medications through May 13th and I need to get an appointment with an OB in Columbia.  That is my big project for this next week.   

I swore if I ever got pregnant that I wouldn't complain about morning sickness and nausea, so I hope this doesn't sound like a complaint.  I had almost no nausea until Monday of this week.  I felt slightly nauseous on and off all day Monday.  Then, yesterday, I was nauseous all day and all night.  Today was a lot better.  I have tried a couple of home remedies like ginger and sour candy.  I don't think it is going to be a big problem.  I haven't vomited, so that is a plus.  

The pregnancy symptom that is wreaking the most havoc on my life is fatigue.  I am so tired all of the time.  I have never felt so tired in all of my life.  It is 7:00 right now and I would seriously consider going to bed.  But, it is all so great.  I am thankful for every little bit of it.

OLEVA REPORT
Mom had round #3 of chemo yesterday in Columbia.  I was not able to take her, so her sister, Carla, took her.  She started having some pain in her leg Monday and it was worse yesterday.  Unfortunately, it turned out to be a blood clot in her leg.  They put her on coumadin and she has to give herself Heparin injections at home for the next several days to try to break up the clot.  Most likely it is a side effect of the chemo drugs, but they are doing some blood tests to rule out any disorder that may lead to blood clots.  She had blood clots in her legs about 30 years ago, too.  

It was giving her quite a bit of pain yesterday.  She was limping, but she said it is feeling better today.  She did not work today and she probably will not work tomorrow either.  She was trying to lay around most of the day with her leg up.  She said that she felt much better after chemo #3 than she did after chemo #2.  That was great.  The next round of chemo will be in two weeks, on Tuesday, May 12.  

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. I cannot imagine that there is any sound sweeter than the sound of life and the gift of your beautiful babies! I am so happy for you and Dave! I am again so very grateful for being able to share this with you both! Thank you!

    Continuous prayers for all of you and for Oleva! KEEP THE FAITH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for heartbeats! I am on kevins phone so I cannot type much talk to you later. Sorry about the morning sickness. Been there done that and it sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got goosebumps thinking of your two heart beats. It is so amazing. You'll never forget that moment. Little by little it becomes more real. I'm so happy for you. As for the morning sickness, I used lemon drops (the big tart ones, not the little sweet ones). And I ate carbs, carbs and more carbs; settles the stomach, but also widens the butt unfortunately. It's all worth it though. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete