Tuesday, April 14, 2009

WoW!!

I hate to do it again, but I might get a little emotional in this blog.  Since finding out that we are pregnant yesterday, I have been completely overwhelmed with the outpouring of support.  I am not able to express how much this support means to both myself and Dave.  It is absolutely unbelievable.  It is becoming obvious to me that your thoughts and prayers have led us to this positive outcome.  

We are not out of the woods yet, because I am only 5 weeks along and we have had difficulty early in pregnancy before, but we are trying to stay as positive as we can.  My first ultrasound is scheduled at SIRM with Dr. Ahlering on Wednesday, April 22nd.  If everything goes well at the ultrasound, we will definitely sigh in relief.  If there is more than one little Briggs baby, we will find that out on Wednesday, as well.  

OLEVA REPORT:
I went with Mom to Columbia today for chemo #2.  She has been doing very well.  She even insisted on making Easter dinner on Sunday.  Her hair just started thinning a couple of days ago.  She has had some other symptoms:  fatigue, heartburn, forgetfulness.  But overall, she is doing great.  Her attitude is so positive.  I think the baby news will help her through this process.  The next chemo is in two weeks on Tuesday, April 28th.  

Jeff and Mom took me to a nice birthday dinner at Sophia's in Columbia tonight.  We had a lot to celebrate.  

1 comment:

  1. I personally am sooooo honored to be able to share this wonderful and blessed event with you and Dave! Thank YOU for allowing us all to walk with you both on this journey. Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete