Thursday, April 2, 2009

10 Little Embryos

I FINALLY heard from Andrea this morning. We have 10 embryos.  So far, they all have made it. I can't believe it. They grade them based on how they look microscopically. Grade 1 is the best and I think Grade 3 is the worst, maybe Grade 4. We have one that is a Grade 1 and all 9 others are a Grade 2. They range from 7 cells to more than 10 cells. She told me that 7-9 cells are ideal for today. The 10-celled little guys are moving a little too fast. They get that from me.

This means we will be going to St. Louis on Saturday for our blastocyst transfer. I will be on bed rest for 24 hours following the transfer, but Dr. A said Dave could drive me home following the procedure. I have decided not to work Monday. So, some of my patients are going to have to be rescheduled. I hate that, but I have to do what I have to do. My poor loyal patients probably think I have skipped the country. Tuesday is my day off, so I will basically lay around and do nothing Saturday through Tuesday. That will be interesting. I keep saying this again and again - It will be worth it.

In case you missed the post where I showed a picture of a day-3 embryo, I thought I would attach another picture, so you can see what our little guys look like.  This one would be considered a perfect 8-celled grade 1 embryo.  We didn't have any that were quite this perfect.




Oleva Report
Mom stayed home from work yesterday just to take it easy.  She really didn't feel too bad at all.  She said she felt like she was made out of lead yesterday . . .  really weighed down or heavy.  It is hard to explain.  She also felt a little queasy and didn't have much of an appetite, but she ate a little something anyway.  She had to go to the hospital in Memphis for a shot of Nulasta.  It restores her white blood cell count, so that she can do chemo every 2 weeks.  It was supposed to cause a lot of bone and joint pain, but she has had no symptoms at all.  She went to work today.  She says she feels a little shaky and queasy, but not too bad.  

Missy came over yesterday after she got off work and we went out for Chinese food and saw a movie, The Knowing.  I wouldn't recommend that movie at all.  It was so bad it was funny.  And it wasn't meant to be funny.  Missy said I can pick the movie next time.  It was great to hang out with you, Missy.  Thanks for driving all of the way over here just to hang out.   

I won't quit saying it:  Thanks a million for the comments, e-mails, prayers.  You guys are making this process so much easier on us.

2 comments:

  1. Well it was a good time, except for that stupid movie that I thought was going to be so good (even though Nicholas Cage was in it!). Oh, well, it was a nice evening anyway! I am so happy for the little eggs!!! Good luck and of course good thoughts are always headed your direction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad your mom is doing so well. I am also thrilled your babies are doing good too. What a great week! My best friend had Neulasta after chemo and she had the worst aches and pains in her bones. I will continue to pray that your mom does not have these side affects. Good news if she gets them they only last 1-2 days. You guys are doing good and staying positive. WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete