Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's Getting Better & Better

     I will spare you all of the details, but I have been having some symptoms since the weekend that could be normal pregnancy symptoms (especially with twins) or they could be indicative of a miscarriage.  Dave and I have been very nervous about this with each passing day, and I have spent some time communicating back and forth with my nurse and my doctor about it.  They have made some medication changes and they really don't seem to be too worried about it.  
     To ease my mind, they recommended a third blood draw to have my quantitative beta hCG levels checked again.  For all of you that don't know what that is, it is the pregnancy hormone that makes a home pregnancy test positive.  The number will double every 2 days if you are pregnant.  My number was 37 on Friday, 198 on Monday and 521 today!!!  This is very good.  It has eased our concerns (a little).  Dave says he will continue to be somewhat concerned until the ultrasound on Wednesday.  
     The good news is that I get to start taking a new shot.  That was sarcasm.  Now I will get a subcutaneous injection of hCG every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  We will also continue with the horrible (I am not exaggerating) IM injections of progesterone every third day.  I will continue to do this through May 13.  I will be 9 weeks at that point and most likely I will graduate to a regular OB at that time.  I will continue to see Dr. Ahlering in St. Louis regularly up until that point.  
     So, today is the best birthday I have ever had.  I have never had so much to be thankful for.  And my wonderful husband bought me beautiful flowers and diamond earrings.  He always makes my birthday special.  I got flowers from two other unbelievably great friends.  You know who you are.  I love you.  

3 comments:

  1. What fantastic news! Still praying!!!!

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Dave!!!! Happy Birthday--Love ya!!!!

    KEEP THE FAITH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tisha and Dave,
    Thank you for being so open, honest, and real about your life, your fears, and your joys. Kevin and I will not stop praying for you guys until you have a little one or ones in your arms. I am sure every symptom, ache, or issue brings fear. Keep the Faith and know that God is Good. I am so glad your beta scores are going up. That is a wonderful sign. Also I am glad your mom is doing so well. Another blessing! Happy Birthday to you. Lots of love and prayers. Hang in there and stay positive. Hilary (and Kevin too)

    ReplyDelete