Sunday, March 29, 2009

Countdown to Egg Retrieval

My big egg retrieval is tomorrow morning.  I am excited and nervous.  I can't eat anything after midnight tonight, because I will be under anesthesia tomorrow.  So, Dave and I loaded up on Imo's Pizza.  Yummy!  We have to be at Dr. A's office at 9:15 and the procedure will take place at 10:15.  I think we will be leaving St. Louis by 2:00 at the latest, hopefully sooner. 

Today is the first day since March 3rd that I have not had an injection!  I can't believe that I survived 25 straight days of injections.  They will start again soon, unfortunately.  But, it will all be worth it.  

I mentioned in an earlier post that the daily dexamethasone (steroid) pill that I take has been wreaking havoc on my sleep.  Dr. A prescribed sleeping pills to help with this, and they work great.  I decided to not take a sleeping pill last night to see if I could sleep without it.  I tossed and turned for 3 hours before falling asleep.  FRUSTRATING!

My coordinator, Andrea, told me that I will continue to take the dexamethasone until we get a negative pregnancy test or several weeks into pregnancy - depending on how this turns out.  This is a huge concern for me.  I think I need to talk to Dr. A about it tomorrow.  I really do not wish to take sleeping pills long term.  I will probably discontinue the sleeping pills prior to the embryo transfer, because they are a pregnancy category C drug, meaning they are not safe during pregnancy.  

So, I'm not sure how the sleep issue will turn out, but I can't function on 5 hours per night - every night.  We'll figure something out.  

Wish me luck tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. YEAH Tisha! I am so excited that tomorrow is one of your big days. I will be thinking about you all day, especially at 10:15. I hate that you are having sleeping issues because of the meds. I think the sleep deprivation from the meds is preparing you for a newborn or two. You are an inspiration to a lot of people. Stay strong and know that you are covered in prayers. HIL
    P.S. I am glad you can go to your moms appointment with her. What perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete