Sunday, March 15, 2009

Uneventful

I'm sorry that I haven't posted for several days.  There's not much to post about.  Dave and I made an early morning trip to Columbia Thursday morning.  Dr. Ahlering requested blood work to test my estradiol levels.  The blood had to be drawn prior to 9 am and the results needed to be sent to Dr. Ahlering prior to the end of the day.  The lab in Kirksville could not get same-day results, so we had to go to Columbia.  

Dave and I both blocked off our mornings and left the house at 6:30 am in order to get to Boone Hospital around 8 am.  I gave explicit instructions to the lab tech that the results had to be faxed the same day and they explained that they could and would do that.  It also gave those same instructions directly on the orders.  I received an e-mail the next morning from my coordinator at the Sher Institute, Andrea, asking if I had my blood drawn the previous morning.  

I was annoyed.  It turns out the lab didn't send the results and when I called the lab at Boone Hospital Friday morning to sort it out, the lady I talked to took at least five minutes to find my results.  I guess they had no intention of ever sending them.  I was frustrated.  Andrea said it didn't make much of a difference.  So, I then wondered why I had to do it in the first place.  

I guess it was just a minor snag.  I shouldn't let it bother me.  But for some reason it does bother me.  Serenity now.  Serenity now.

Dave is still stabbing me with a syringe of Lupron every morning and tomorrow we start with an additional evening shot of Gonal-F.  I'll let you know how that goes.  

I also realized I made an error in my last blog.  I typed that Mom's Port-A-Cath will go in on May 16th.  It will actually go in tomorrow, Monday, March 16th.  

No comments:

Post a Comment