Friday, March 20, 2009

Weekend . . . Here I Come!

If I can get through a very busy day of work today, I am going to have a fun-filled weekend ahead of me. I am meeting my girlfriends: Angie, Melissa, Missy, Ranina, Davye and we are traveling to St. Louis for some much-needed girl time. We will be staying at Foster's condo. He has all kinds of fun stuff planned for us. I can't wait! We always have such a great time. Inevitably, my abs will be sore from all of the laughing.

When all of the girls come home on Sunday, I will be staying in St. Louis. Dave is coming down Sunday afternoon. We have our first monitoring appointment with Dr. Ahlering Monday. I am having bloodwork to check my estradiol levels, an ultrasound to check the development of my follicles, an IV of Intralipid (to suppress my immune system) and I am seeing an accupuncturist. It will be a busy day. We are staying in a hotel in Creve Coeur, a couple of block from Dr. Ahlering's office.

I actually have two full weeks off of work. I can't believe it. I may get to come home for a few days here and there, but I will be in St. Louis the majority of the next two weeks. Dave will be back and forth the entire time. I will start updating my blog daily on Monday, because a lot will be happening. This is it!! Dave and I were talking last night about how excited we are. I can't believe we are actually finally doing IVF?! I'm sure that all of your prayers will work.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a fun weekend with your girlfriends. You deserve it. You guys are going to have a BIG week. Good luck tomorrow and the next 2 weeks. We are praying for a lot of follicles. Keep the posts coming. We love the updates. We are sending positive thoughts and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that this weekend was a necessity for all of us, and I hope you feel revived and ready to travel down the next path on your journey!! Positive thoughts headed your direction! LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete