Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Truckin' Along

This morning I have successfully completed 7 days worth of Lupron injections in addition to the dexamethasone. I started sleeping better over the weekend, and I do not feel nearly as loopy from the hormones. I do know that I was very grouchy with Dave for the first few days which led to him them becoming grouchy with me. I accused him of being hormonal. That did not go over very well.

He is doing a great job managing the meds and giving me my injections. He hates the tiny insulin needles that we are using with the Lupron. He mumbles something about them not being lubricated. There were actual curse words this morning. We have been doing the Lupron shots in my abdomen and he actually says that I don't have enough fat there. I don't know what he is smoking, but it is nice to hear that from your hubby every morning.

I am going to Columbia with Mom today to meet with chemotherapy, radiation, and Dr. Dale, her oncologist. We will have a treatment plan in place the next time I post. I will let you know the details soon. You might get tired of reading this, but thanks again for the e-mails, cards, phone calls. You are all so amazing. My spirits get uplifted by a couple of people every day.

2 comments:

  1. I saw your mom yesterday and she looked so good! I am anxiously awaiting what you found out today and as always am a phone call away! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know things are evening out for you. That's awesome that you don't have enough fat! :-) I've seen the beach pictures - he's right!!!

    Good luck to you and your mom. Actually, I just realized that was yesterday. I hope everything went well!

    ReplyDelete