Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Heart of Life is Good

Life has been a little uneventful over the past couple of days.  Dave and & I went home Monday night.  I worked on my to-do list most of the day Tuesday, but I also got a nap in during the afternoon.  That was great.  I went to the office for an hour and a half Tuesday night.  It seems that everything is going well there.  This afternoon Dave and I repacked and came back to Creve Coeur.  Of all of the nice restaurants in St. Louis, we ate at Buffalo Wild Wings.  We had dessert at Cold Stone.  We love that place.

We have an appointment for a blood draw, ultrasound, and acupuncture tomorrow morning.  I will let you know what we learn.  For the record, Dave and I have a bet.  I need witnesses.  I always win our bets and he doesn't allow me to have bragging rights.  I bet him that Dr. A. will say that my follicles look great tomorrow and he will order the hCG injection tomorrow.  Dave thinks that Dr. A. will order the hCG injection Friday.  hCG is given approximately 36 hours prior to the egg retrieval.  It causes the follicles in my ovaries to rupture, releasing the eggs (ovulation).  I'm sure you can't wait to learn who wins - that was sarcasm.  I will let you know.  

I want to explain the title of my post.  I had a 3 1/2 hour drive home by myself Monday night.  I love more than anything to listen to all of my favorite songs and sing like a mad woman on solo car trips like that.  The people I pass on the interstate must think I am insane.  I am a huge fan of music.  It makes me happy.  I love lyrics.  I would love to know every word to every song if I could. 

I am a huge fan of the music of John Mayer.  I think that Mr. Mayer himself might be a bit of a social reject . . .  dork . . .  tool - but he is certainly a lyrical genius.  In my opinion, John Mayer, Jack Johnson, and Dave Matthews are all lyrical geniuses.  Their music brings joy to my life.  Dave adamantly disagrees with me on this.  We have complete opposite taste in music.  That is beside the point.  I am sorry it is taking me so long to get where I am going with this.

Have you ever heard the song "Heart of Life" by John Mayer??  If you don't have the Continuum CD, look it up on itunes.  It is a great song.  I feel that it sums up my life right now.  I want to share the lyrics from "Heart of Life" that touch my soul.  

You know it's nothing new
Bad news never had good timing
But then the circle of your friends
Will defend the silver lining

Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No, it won't all go the way it should
But I know the heart of life is good

The lyrics don't do it justice.  You should listen to the actual song.  I know it will touch you, too.  I interpret it to mean that even when you go through difficult times in life, there are always people around to support and love you.  They will defend that silver lining.  That is what makes life good.  

The heart of life is good.  I am appreciating that more and more every day.  I have so many blessings.  I am lucky.  I am genuinely happy.  I'm sorry if I am being too emotional or sentimental.  I am loaded up on hormones right now.  I have no control over it.  I appreciate the support that I have been receiving from each of you.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment