Thursday, March 26, 2009

George Clooney is Stalking Us

Yes, that is right.  George Clooney is a huge fan of mine.  He "just so happened" to be in Rome at his movie premiere for Michael Clayton just a few blocks from our hotel when Dave and I were there in September 2007.  And he "just so happened" to be filming his movie three blocks away from my acupuncturist's office in Manchester today.  My friend, Foster, told me that he was filming a movie in St. Louis, but I didn't know we would happen upon the set.  Dave and I walked down the street and hung out with the groupies for a few minutes and got a few pictures of the set, but we didn't wait around to see him.  

You would not believe how many huge trucks, campers, trailers there were littered around the entire neighborhood.  He was filming in or around a church.  They sprayed fake snow all over the place.  My acupuncturist's husband (he is a chiropractor in the same office) told us that the fake snow is paper.  It looked pretty real.  He also told Dave that George is a tiny little man with a huge head.  I thought that was funny.  I am attaching a few pictures. 






It turns out that neither Dave nor I won our little bet.  It turns out that Dr. A won.  He wants to see me back on Saturday and he thinks I will probably get the hCG injection that day.  I had about 9 follicles that looked great today.  They measured from 12 - 17 mm.  My uterine lining looked good, too.  Everything is going well, but just taking its sweet time.  So, I have two additional days of Lupron and Gonal-F injections and they added a Luveris injection in there for good measure.  He thinks the egg retrieval will be Monday sometime.  That would place the embryo transfer on Thursday or Saturday of next week.

So, we have decided to just hang out in St. Louis until at least Monday.  We have no agenda.  That is hard for me.  We will eat like pigs.  We will wander around some malls and other stores.  We will find something cultural to do.  It will be fun.  I will keep you posted.

4 comments:

  1. I loved the lyrics! You know you should always "say what you need to say!" :)

    This has been a long time coming. Take lots of deep breaths and hold each other tight. You are surrounded by lots of love and prayers.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is hilarious you guys keep having run ins with George. Now whenever you see that movie you will think of this time in your life. I am excited for your follicles. Have they said anything about pain management when the follicles rupture? It may be too much information to share but I was concerned for you. I will add that to my prayers. You guys are doing awesome! Enjoy your time off in a fun city!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so I find this hilarious since we were just talking about George being in the Lou! I was unaware of his stalking habits however!! What is a girl to do??? So sorry that you both lost your bet, but glad you had exciting news!! Love ya
    KEEP THE FAITH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being stalked by the rich and famous, it's a curse. :-)

    They even sprayed snow on the neighboring houses. Too crazy. I'd totally be like "you can spray my house, but I get to be an extra."

    Yay for good follicles! I'm so excited to hear the news. I'll be saying a prayer for you this weekend...and next week!

    ReplyDelete